KATHERINE SURRIDGE "TODAY" 1980
To zoom in, click on each image and mouse over.
- Watercolour on paper with pencil text: "The past is sometimes too much in the present. The present tries to become the future far too often. Today is only today and nothing more."
- 14 inches x 11.5 inches, 35.3 cm x 29 cm
- Signed in pencil lower right "Katherine Surridge"
- Titled in pencil lower left "Today"
- Condition: very good with slight creasing in the lower corners of the deckle edged paper (top deckle edge natural and three sides with torn deckle edges)
The Artist: Katherine Surridge (Canadian, 1949) has shown in solo and group shows across Canada and the United States. She was represented by Equinox Gallery in Vancouver from 1987 to 1994, and has artwork in many public and corporate collections including the Art Gallery of Victoria, Edmonton Art Gallery, Canada Council Art Bank, Shell Oil and Toronto-Dominion Bank, and in many private collections. She holds a BFA from the University of Victoria and has studied at the Santa Fe Institute of Fine Arts and Emily Carr College of Art. Her new work is listed between $1,800 and $10,000 and is available at selected fine art galleries across Canada.
The Story: This beautiful watercolour of potted geraniums and wisteria with handwritten text was purchased directly from the artist while she was in her White Rock studio overlooking the ocean in British Columbia. The inspiration likely came from her own garden and those all around her.
Shipping Information: Packaging and shipping within Canada is $40. Signature required on delivery. At checkout, you will have the option to insure your purchase for shipping from the drop down menu. International shipping available. If located in the Greater Toronto Area, no charge for shipping and packaging if picked up from Wall Fiction's office; call before purchasing.
Terms: All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. See "Buy Art" in the main menu for more information.
Item No. KA201501005