Purchase Terms and Conditions of Sale
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. Should you find yourself unhappy with a final sale purchase, send the artwork back for re-consignment under a new contract (all consignment and delivery terms apply). See the Sell Art section in the main menu.
The sale transaction is securely brokered by Wall Fiction allowing both the purchaser and the consignor to remain anonymous.
Shipping and handling:
- Shipping and handling is not included in the stated price nor is it refundable. Our shipping and handling charges are intended to compensate our company for processing your order including handling, packaging and transportation.
- Because artwork can be complicated and expensive to package and ship, we have pre-calculated the costs for each piece so you know right away what it will take for the piece to arrive to you (valid for Canadian and American customers only). Some artwork may need special packaging or crating depending on its size, weight, materials or destination. Any special needs will be provided with the description of each piece. Buyers outside of Canada and the United States will be notified if additional basic shipping and handling costs will apply (also see below for tax information).
- Artwork including shipping and handling fees must be paid at the time of purchase unless otherwise stated.
- Your signature is required on delivery.
- If you refuse a shipment from Wall Fiction, or after multiple attempts of delivery from the courier we send, you are responsible for the original shipping charges, any Import Fees that are incurred on the package, and the cost of returning the package to Wall Fiction and reshipping it back to your address. Prior to reshipment, the amount of the above charges will be invoiced to you and must be paid in full.
- Harmonized Sale Tax (HST) of 13% is applied to all purchases in Ontario with exception of purchases being shipped outside of Canada. Purchases shipped outside of the Province of Ontario but within Canada are subject to the applicable HST (Harmonized Sale Tax) or GST based on the province or territory of destination.
- For artwork being shipped outside of Canada, any purchase may be subject to provisions of the Cultural Property Export and Import Act (Canada) and customs or brokerage fees. Wall Fiction does not include any related taxes, custom duties and fees levied by the destination country “Import Fees”. The recipient of the shipment is the importer of record in the destination country and is responsible for all additional shipping charges and fees.
In-person appointments can be made to view a specific artwork. Wall Fiction is not a public gallery and special arrangements must be made. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wall Fiction staff are art professionals who bring you the experience and training expected when dealing with fine art. Our prices are based on estimates after each artwork is reviewed by a qualified art appraiser, but, note that the stated or purchase price is not to be considered an appraised value and is not valid for third party use including but not limited to insurance coverage, donation or estate needs.
Wall Fiction does not provide statements of ownership, authenticity or condition. We assume that the consignor has the right to sell the artwork and that the stated artist is the artist. Wall Fiction is an online art gallery and we describe the condition of artwork as best we can. All items are sold “As Is.” The stories and information provided about the artwork and/or artist is researched and stated to the best of our ability.
All prices are quoted in Canadian dollars.
Wall Fiction accepts PayPal, VISA, MasterCard and American Express.